First- I like the 4th of July. As a Captain I was once stationed with in an unnamed third world sh!t hole years ago use to say, “I love Independence Day, the fourth of DAMN Jooool-ly! It’s the best holiday ever, and it’s the whole reason we exist as a nation today!”
That old Capatin had a point!
Now on with the management quiz… Does any of this sound familiar?
(1) Insist on doing everything through “channels.” Never permit short-cuts to be taken in order to expedite decisions.
(2) Make “speeches.” Talk as frequently as possible and at great length. Illustrate your “points” by long anecdotes and accounts of personal experiences. Never hesitate to make a few appropriate “patriotic” comments.
(3) When possible, refer all matters to committees, for “further study and consideration.” Attempt to make the committees as large as possible – never less than five.
(4) Bring up irrelevant issues as frequently as possible.
(5) Haggle over precise wordings of communications, minutes, resolutions.
(6) Refer back to matters decided upon at the last meeting and attempt to re-open the question of the advisability of that decision.
(7) Advocate “caution.” Be “reasonable” and urge your fellow-conferees to be “reasonable” and avoid haste which might result in embarrassments or difficulties later on.
(8) Be worried about the propriety of any decision – raise the question of whether such action as is contemplated lies within the jurisdiction of the group or whether it might conflict with the
policy of some higher echelon.
Sound like somebody you know or work with???
You won’t believe where this came from…
The Office of Strategic Services, WW II-era precursor agency tothe CIA, had these helpful management tips to offer back in the day to use for SABOTAGE of businesses!!! Don’t believe me? Here’s the link , page down and down load the attachment- OSS simple sabotage manual!