One state prosecutor and one civilian plaintiff have already won huge fines and damages from former President Donald Trump that may, with legal costs, exceed $500 million.
Trump awaits further civil and criminal liability in three other federal, state, and local indictments.
Full article, HERE by VDH.
Mr. Hanson hits the nail on the head, as usual, and doesn’t pull any punches either.
Here’s a list, direct from him on the ‘new’ precedents set by the left for national politics.
Here are 20 some precedents they now have established for America in the future:
1) When in control of the Senate, demand the end of the filibuster; when not, don’t.
2) Call for the end of the Electoral College–but only if it appears to recently favor the candidate of the opposition.
3) In an election year, change any state balloting laws deemed unhelpful through administrative fiat or court order to favor your political candidate.
4) Seek to flip electors from voting in accordance with the popular vote count in their states; indict as an insurrectionist any of the opposition who dare do the same.
5) Raid the home of any opposition ex-president who removed classified files; exempt any sitting president of your party who did the same.
6) Swarm the private homes of, and then bully and intimidate any, Supreme Court officials, politicians, or citizens you oppose.
7) Appoint two special counsels: one to go after the current chief presidential opponent in an election year; the other to exempt and excuse the sitting president for the very crimes charged against his rival.
8) Lobby to remove any oppositional president through the 25th Amendment; smear any one as ageist who suggests a cognitively challenged sitting resident of your party should be subject to similar invocations of the 25th Amendment.
9) Exempt thousands of arrested rioters from charges of 120 days of arson, looting, injuring 1,500 law enforcement officers, and assault—but only if they are radical supporters of your party.
10) Excuse any demonstrator or rioter for desecrating public monuments and cemeteries or shutting down bridges and freeways, or swarming and disrupting the Capitol Rotunda—but only if they agree with you and/or are pro-Hamas. Otherwise, ensure the charged face lengthy prison sentences.
11) Try to pack the Supreme Court—but only if justices you don’t like are in a majority.
12) Seek in an election year to remove a presidential opponent off state ballots for crimes for which he has never been charged, much less convicted of.
13) First target a presidential opponent, and then change, warp, or redefine laws to convict him. Weaponized prosecutors should always indict their political opponents in jurisdictions where they are guaranteed like-minded justices and jury pools.
14) Violate the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution (the prohibition of “excessive fines”) by having sympathetic judges level multimillion-dollar fines to bankrupt the opposition candidate during a presidential campaign. The more there is no victim of a crime, the higher fines should be leveled for “damages”.
15) Open the border by destroying all the protocols and executive orders of a predecessor president. Then welcome 8-million illegal aliens to “surge” into America on the premise a new constituency might support agendas that American citizens do not. Then call the nonexistent border “secure,” while blaming a predecessor president for having left it secure.
16) Have local prosecutors invent criminal acts of an opposition national presidential candidate in efforts to make it impossible for him to campaign for the presidency.
17) Use the FBI to hire out social media auditors to censor any news deemed problematic for the correct presidential candidate.
18) Hire a foreign national to concoct a smear dossier about one’s opposition political nominee. Ensure the FBI also uses and pays the foreign national to spread untruths among the media and administrative state.
19) On the eve of any major national or midterm election, ensure a president drains the Strategic Petroleum Reserve to lower gasoline prices.
20) On the eve of any major national or midterm election, ensure a president promises to cancel billions of dollars in contracted federal student loans.
It is pretty apparent the left/dems/libs will do ANYTHING to maintain power, not caring a bit about legalities and the gloves are truly coming off this year as they are deathly afraid of Trump getting back in office.
This year is going to get uglier and uglier as the months roll on. I just hope and pray they don’t ‘flip the switch’ we all know is hanging out there.
I’m back in battery and enjoyed sleeping in my own bed last night! 🙂
h/t Stretch for the VDH quotes