Well, went and shot an action pistol match this morning at the local range- 32 steels per round, 18-9″ floppers, 14- various size swingers and I just flat sucked… I guess I used all my accuracy last week 🙁 I wasn’t last, but I sure as hell wasn’t first!
To top everything else off, I had two failure to feeds on two different mags, bottom line- NOT a good day on the line, but a great day, since I was on the range and getting trigger time…
I “really” want to talk to the guy that designed this setup though… one of the batwing swingers was about 3×5 inches! Try hitting a black swinger in dappled sunlight from 15 yards… sigh…
Oh yeah, while I’m thinking about it, for those of you with M-16/AR-15/M-4 type guns, and especially if you are lefties, go here and get your ambidextrous magazine releases! They are good guys, I’ll personally vouch for them, and more importantly the product WORKS! Even though I shoot right handed, I got one because I do occasionally change out mags with my left hand and it’s dead easy! If you’re military, there is an NSN and it is approved for USN/USMC issue.
Got these two last night and about fell out of my chair laughing…
Notice to All Employees
If on November 5, 2008 , President Obama is officially elected into office, our company will instill a few new policies which are in keeping with his new, inspiring issues of change and fairness:
1. All salespeople will be pooling their sales and bonuses into a common pool that will be divided equally between all of you. This will serve to give those of you who are underachieving a “fair shake.”
2. All low level workers will be pooling their wages, including overtime, into a common pool, dividing it equally amongst yourselves. This will help those who are “too busy for overtime” to reap the rewards from those who have more spare time and can work extra hours.
3. All top management will now be referred to as “the government.” We will not participate in this “pooling” experience because the law won’t apply to us.
4. The “government” will give eloquent speeches to all employees every week, encouraging it’s workers to continue to work hard “for the good of all.”
5. The employees will be thrilled with these new policies because it’s “good to spread the wealth.” Those of you who have underachieved will finally get an opportunity; those of you who have worked hard and had success will feel more “patriotic.”
6. The last few people who were hired should clean out their desks. Don’t feel bad, though, because President Obama will give you free health care, free handouts, free oil for heating your home, free food stamps, and he’ll let you stay in your home for as long as you want even if you can’t pay your mortgage. If you appeal directly to our democratic congress, you might even get a free flat screen TV and a coupon for free haircuts (shouldn’t all Americans be entitled to nice looking hair?) !!!
If for any reason you are not happy with the new policies, you may want to rethink your vote on November 4th.
And the other one…
Dear Fellow Business Owners
My brother and I take pride in having started from scratch a small family-owned business which is domiciled in coastal Connecticut. After twenty difficult years of working our arses off, our payroll now totals about thirty (30) people. Because we worked hard to steadily build this business, we have earned a modest net profit every year since we started.
However, allowing for the probability that Barack Hussein Obama will be our next President, we are trying to figure out how to remain in businesses and cope with Barack’s “share the wealth” mind-set. Since federal taxes are sure to increase under Barack’s administration, our customers must bear some of the burden because we can’t.
We therefore foresee the likelihood of having to increase the cost of our products and services by about eight (8%) percent across the board.
We must also lay off 6 employees. Furloughing employees is the hardest part.
How best to identify who goes and who stays? Here’s how we finally resolved the problem.
We took a little stroll thru the parking lot this afternoon and found eight (8) employee-owned vehicles bearing Obama bumper stickers.
We have decided six of these eight will be the first to be laid off. Seniority will rule in who stays and who gets the axe. We can’t think of a fairer way to approach this problem. If you have a better idea, let us know.
We’re sending a copy of this letter to all the small business owners we know. Trust you will forward this to all the small business owners you know.
Giuseppe and Vito
Now the reason I was laughing, I was at a site earlier this week where I had to park hellandgone out in left field… As I was walking through the parking lot, I saw this little clutch of about 9-10 POS Prius(i since it’s plural?) and every damn one of them had an Obama sticker on it! Then I started looking around- seemed like every pickup truck (and there were quite a few) all had McCain stickers! Interesting little dynamic there…
In Closing, I don’t care who you vote for of Tues, that is between you and God, but PLEASE go and exercise that right to vote!
Now back to the regularly scheduled trash… 🙂