How’s that Socialism working out for you???

Why would we want to change to a socialistic system that has resulted in total failure everywhere it has been implemented???

Current European tax rates:
United Kingdom (Value Added Tax due to increase to 20% in January 2011)
Taxation in the United Kingdom may involve payments to a minimum of two different levels of government: The
central government (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) and local government. Central government revenues come primarily from income tax, National Insurance contributions, value added tax, corporation tax and fuel duty. Local government revenues come primarily from grants from central government funds, business rates in England and Wales, Council Tax and increasingly from fees and charges such as those from on-street parking.
Income Tax: 50% VAT: 17.5% TOTAL: 67.5%

Germany Taxes in Germany—being a Federal Republic—are levied by the Federation (Bund), the States (Länder) as well as the Municipalities (Gemeinden). Many direct and indirect taxes exist, whereof income tax and VAT are the most relevant.
Income Tax: 45% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 64%

Income Tax: 40% VAT: 19.6% TOTAL: 59.6%
Income Tax: 40% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 65%
Income Tax: 45% VAT: 16% TOTAL: 61%
Income Tax: 42% VAT: 20% TOTAL: 62%
Income Tax: 55% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 80%
Income Tax: 54.3% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 79.3%
Income Tax: 52% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 71%
Income Tax: 58% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 83%
Income Tax: 53% VAT: 22% TOTAL: 75%

If you’ve started to wonder what the real costs of “socialism” are going to be, once the full program in these United States hits your wallet, take a look at the table. As you digest these mind-boggling figures, keep in mind that in spite of these astronomical tax rates, these countries are still not financing their social welfare programs exclusively from tax revenues! They are deeply mired in public debt of gargantuan proportions.

Greece has reached the point where its debt is so huge it is in imminent danger of defaulting. That is the reason the European economic community has intervened to bail them out. If you’re following the financial news, you know Spain and Portugal are right behind Greece .
The United States is now heading right down the same path.

The “VAT” tax in the table is the national sales tax that Europeans pay. Stay tuned because that is exactly what you can expect to see the administration proposing after the fall elections. The initial percentage in the United States isn’t going to be anywhere near the outrageous numbers you now see in Europe .

Guess what, the current outrageous numbers in Europe didn’t start out as outrageous either. They started out as miniscule—right around the 1% or 2% where they will start out in the United States . Magically however, they ran up over the years to where they are now. Expect the same thing here.

It’s time to rethink the ‘American Dream’ idea: It is the notion that with hard work and perseverance, anybody can get ahead economically here. Do you think that can ever happen with tax rates between 60% and 80%?

Think again. With the government taking that percentage of your money, your life will be exactly like life in Europe . You will never be able to buy a home. You will never buy a car. You will never send your children to college. Let’s not shuffle the battle cry of the socialists under the rug either. It’s always the same cry. “Equalize” income. “Spread the wealth” to the “poor” (whoever they are). “Level” the economic playing field. Accomplish that and everything will be rosy.

It’s time to take a really hard look at reality. Greece is a perfect example. Despite the “socialism” system that has ruled this country for decades, with a 65% tax rate, they are drowning in public debt, would have defaulted without hundreds of billions in bailout money, and still. . .20% of their population lives in “poverty.” What has all that “socialism” money bought, besides ultimate power for the politicians running the show? Do you think these people are “free”? They’re not. They are slaves to their economic “system.”

People, we are at a tipping point in America . We all know it. Turn this around right now or your grandchildren will be massing in the streets of this once-great country, just as the people of Greece now are. Economic slavery is slavery, just the same. Carefully and deeply consider what it takes to throw off the yoke of slavery, once it takes hold and settles over your neck.

Remember in November and lets take out Country back…


How’s that Socialism working out for you??? — 10 Comments

  1. mmm, VAT started out at 1 or 2% … here it started at 10% (it’s currently still there, but i’m betting it will increase in the next 18 months).

    Hope there’s a real alternative for you guys come november.

  2. @Julie – Darn, I was hoping to exfiltrate to Australia when things got too socialist here in the U.S. There’s no escaping the VAT, evidently.

  3. But most European countries have something the US doesn’t. Mainly, any income earned outside of the country is not taxable. That’s why you find so many Brits and Finns spending their lives working outside of the UK. They are trying to escape the taxes of their home country.

  4. It will never work, not matter how many times you try it. In fact, isn’t the definition of insanity when one keeps trying the same thing, expection different results.

    Yeah, I think it is, which why I call liberal mentally inept.

  5. If November does not reverse a lot of things then we are on our way to the socialist paradise. It will be anything but a paradise.

  6. November is the last chance for the ballot box to work, assuming there are elections in November.

    After that, only the cartridge box remains….

  7. I better get going on making my basket. I’m gonna need it sooner than I thought.

    I’m really starting to lose faith that all this crap can be turned around. And THATS flipping depressing as hell.

  8. Julie- Yep, we can learn from y’all

    Jon- We lose… dammit

    PE- Exactly, that is why the US started taxing those actors and entertainers who lived here.

    CS- It WILL break our backs though…

    ADM/Crusty- Agreed… sigh…

    Peedee- yeah, I know…

  9. keep in mind even with massive tax rate, they still dont spend any real money on defense, think how high their tax rates would be if they had to pay for their own defense instead of relying on the USA to defend them.