Weather had been lousy all day yesterday, and is supposed to be the same through today and into tomorrow… Rain, colder (for Texas), and more rain and wind…
It was my turn to cook for the group, so… Comfort food!
At least for southern versions or Texas versions of comfort food.
Meatloaf, with a twist. Rotel and a little good chili powder! And BACON! 🙂
It was well received, and there are a total of three pieces of meatloaf left out of three pounds!
Today will be a writing day, since the weather outside is… NOT lovely.
Edit- By requests, here is the recipe I used.
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 2 small cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 2 bell pepper (finely chopped)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground sausage (I used Jimmy Deans original)
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon GOOD chili powder (I used Spice House Medium Chili Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can original Rotel and green chilies (drained)
- Splash of milk
- 1 pound of thick cut bacon on top
- Bake 60 minutes at 350, then 20 more minutes at 400 after draining excess liquid (primarily due to size, if you use a smaller amount of meat/ingredients, you can probably get by with 60 minutes at 350 to cook all the way through.