I’m passing this on, because I did not want to be the only old person receiving it.
Actually, it’s not a bad thing to be called, as you will see.
1. Old People are easy to spot at sporting events; during the playing of the National Anthem. Old People remove their caps and stand at attention and, sing without embarrassment. They know the words, and believe in them.
2. Old People remember World War II, Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal, Normandy and Hitler.
3. They remember the Atomic Age, the Korean War, The Cold War, the Jet Age and the Moon Landing. They remember the 50 plus Peace-keeping Missions from 1945 to 2005, not to mention Vietnam.
4. If you bump into an Old Person on the sidewalk, they will apologize. If you pass an Old Person on the street, he will nod or tip his cap to a lady. Old People trust strangers and are courteous to women.
5. Old People hold the door for the next person, and always, when walking, make certain the lady is on the inside for protection.
6. Old People get embarrassed if someone curses in front of women and children, and they don’t like the filth or dirty language on TV or in movies today.
7. Old People have moral courage, and personal integrity. They seldom brag, unless it’s about their children or grandchildren.
8. It’s Old People who remove their hats, while eating in a restaurant in respect for the ladies and guests.
9. It’s the Old People who know our great country is protected, not by politicians, but by the young men and women in the military serving their country.
10. This country needs Old People, with their work ethic, sense of responsibility, pride in their country and decent values.
And old people carry revolvers with all the bluing worn off. They know how to use them, and aren’t afraid TO use them…
We need them now more than ever.