Harvard University’s student newspaper published the survey results on Tuesday of nearly 500 members of the faculty. Of those who responded, 38% identified as “very liberal” while 41% identified as “liberal.” Another 19% said they were “moderate,” and only 1.5% of the respondents said they were “conservative” or “very conservative.”
Full article, HERE from the Washington Examiner.
I know we bitch a lot about the left taking over education in the US and get blown off a lot, but I really DO believe the left/communists HAVE taken over education in the US, from kindergarten to college.
Part of that, I believe started in the 60s with Vietnam. The honorable guys took one for the country and went into the military either when drafted or to other services to NOT go in the Army. The others used everything in their and their parent’s power to stay out of the military, including running to Canada. By and large, they stayed in school and grew up protesting Vietnam and the American way.
And drove education further and further from what ‘we’ grew up with… History, both state and national, civics, actual math courses, etc…
It is worth remembering what Khrushchev said 60 years ago, I remember seeing this as a child…“Your children’s children will live under communism. You Americans are so gullible. No, you won’t accept communism outright; but, we will keep feeding you small doses of socialism until you will finally wake up and find you already have Communism. We will not have to fight you. We will so weaken your economy, until you will fall like overripe fruit into our hands. The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
It was September 29, 1959, when Nikita Khrushchev delivered his prediction for America at the United Nations. Remember the television coverage of him banging his shoe on the podium? At that time, just the word “communism” was feared throughout our nation. Remember this. Socialism leads to Communism How do you create a Socialist State? There are eight levels of control:
1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people
2) Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible, poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them.
3) Debt – Increase the debt to an unsustainable level. That way you are able to increase taxes, and this will produce more poverty.
4) Gun Control – Remove the ability to defend themselves from the government . That way you are able to create a police state.
5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect (food, housing, income) of their lives because that will make them fully dependent on the government.
6) Education – Take control of what people read, listen to and take control of what children learn in school.
8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor. Eliminate the middle class. This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to tax the rich with the support of the poor.