Why Pilots Prefer Airplanes Over Women…
* Airplanes usually kill you quickly; a woman takes her time.
* Airplanes can be turned on by a flick of a switch.
* Airplanes don’t get mad if you do a “touch and go.”
* Airplanes don’t object to a pre-flight inspection.
* Airplanes come with a manual to explain their operation.
* Airplanes have strict weight and balance limitations.
* Airplanes can be flown at any time of the month.
* Airplanes don’t come with in-laws.
* Airplanes don’t care about how many other airplanes you’ve flown before.
* Airplanes and pilots both arrive at the same time.
* Airplanes don’t mind if you look at other airplanes.
* Airplanes don’t mind if you buy airplane magazines.
* Airplanes expect to be tied down.
* Airplanes don’t comment on your piloting skills.
* Airplanes don’t whine unless something is really wrong.
* However, when airplanes go quiet, just like women, it’s usually not good.
And a tribute to a great old airplane!!! Ode to a DHC-2!
Blame JP for these… 🙂
And a bonus one- Starting any radial is ‘interesting’… Not anywhere near as simple as a Jet… Just sayin… This one is for Brigid! 🙂
Note- We used to count blades, 3-4 turns equates to 9-12 blades which is the same thing we used starting the 1820’s and 3350’s… And it usually takes about 5-15 minutes for the engine to actually get up to operating temps…