Sadly, this isn’t far from the truth in the IT world… They want unicorns…
Looking to hire a Jr Data Scientist:
– 15 years Python
– 30 years SQL
– 20 years AWS
– 15 years Spark
– 15 years Terraform
– Core contributor to assembly code base
– Team player
– Should have some sort of martial arts experience, whether Ninja, Jujitsu, or Karate. All 3 is preferred.
– Knows SQL, NoSQL, NewSQL and all future flavors of SQL
– Project Management experience
– Strong experience with Keras, TensorFlow, Sklearn, XGBoost and preferably has written their own ML library from scratch.
– Should have published at least 2 top level academic papers preferably focused around a Convolutional Recurrent Back-propagating Neural Network
– Open source contributor at least 5 projects.
– Experience leading teams of 10,000 people or more
– Managed CI/CD pipeline for an application with at least 2 billion daily users
– Should have at least 1 PhD, 5 is preferred.
Yes, we have ping pong tables and an open floor plan and lots of salty snacks in the breakroom. Organic Kombucha on tap.
The interviews will consist of a 5 day process of whiteboarding algorithms from scratch followed by writing your own compiler and a coding exam will be taken at random from the 20 most popular programming languages.
And the best response…
Dear Hiring Manager. Im interested in Jr Data Scientist Position you posted. I’m sure that my yet short but fast growing 50 years career matches your profile. In addition to the listed requirements i have pilot license and speak Hebrew and Hungarian fluently. Im eagerly looking forward your offer including 7 digit monthly salary net in British pounds, premium medical insurance for all my family and relatives, working space at least 100 sqr m, personal assistant, lawyer, company jet, 6 room apartment in the downtown and welcome bonus at your convenience.