Gah,,,

It’s officially HOT!!!
Went down to Acitrezza to check on a boat, it was a ‘balmy’ 99 down on the coast with a light cooling breeze, so it only felt like 103…

Back up to where we are staying, the temps were a ‘warm’ 102 with a heat index of 110, and 20 kt breeze… I now know what a convection oven feels like… sigh…

Went back to get in the car and run to lunch, the interior temp was 53C, which equated to 127F! And it’s not even ‘really’ hot yet!!!

Just for S&Gs ran a density altitude profile for the location at 284ft above sea level, turns out the DA is over 3500 feet!

Sorry for the lack of posting and commenting, connectivity is lousy even when it’s up; which is about half the time. I’m doing this on my lunchbreak, since there is actually an open terminal.

Back to the oriface… y’all have a good weekend!

Crab Cakes Anyone???


Need crabs for crab cakes? How about a bushel of crabs to eat?


Don’t these look good???

Surprise…

These photos were taken at a wedding in North Carolina ..
Get ready for this: It’s a wedding cake!
The crabs, corn, and even the container of Old Bay Seasoning are made of white chocolate.
The sand is crushed graham crackers and vanilla wafers.
The mallets are fondant, a confection used for decorating.
The entire $700 cake is edible!

Crab Cake is not always what you think!


All I can say is WOW… Somebody put a LOT of time and effort into that, and it would have been a real shame (for about 10 seconds) to eat it. 🙂

Judicial Activism at It’s Finest…

Truly a YGTBSM moment…


Got this from a friend in MD this morning via email…

A Maryland judge issued an $85 fine to the owner of a Pontiac G8 GT for illegal tail lights, despite being factory-installed and approved by the US Department of Transportation.

She’s promised to keep fining him. Judicial activism, FTL!

A forum member on G8.com was ticketed by a Maryland officer who claimed he was sporting illegal tail lights. After amassing a healthy amount of evidence proving he hadn’t modified his car and it was approved for sale by the Department of Transportation, he went to court confident the ticket would be dismissed, only to find the contrary. We’ll let him tell you how it all went down:

Went to court for my clear tail lights on my car and was found guilty!

The judge actualy told me she didn’t care what the manufacturer said, what the federal govt said, what the DOT # stamped onto my taillights said if the officer says my lights aren’t legal then they’re not legal. I took the G8 sales brochure in along with pics of my car and other G8 GT’s and the VIN trace by 3 different dealers saying my lights were factory none of it mattered she found me guilty of failing to display or reflect red light on the rear of the car. Didn’t matter the reflecters were in the bumper, didn’t matter where the light is has that little red circle, the whole lens isn’t red so they’re not legal. Also where the back-up and turn signals are should be the reflectors according to the cop so the V6 cars lights aren’t legal either.

Judge stupid went on to tell me that maybe I should consider trading in or selling the car since its not legal in MD and that I’m going to continue to get the $60 tickets till I get rid of the car.

So I contacted Pontiac’s 1-800 # and I have an apt next friday to have my car looked at by them and see if they can help or at least repay me the $85.50 fine and court costs.

I honestly don’t know what else I can do. The cop was ALL smiles afterwards and winked at me! WTF! Now I’m screwed! How do I go to work now? I drive right thru where he works!! So this ass nuget can make up **** randomly for any car he gets a hard on for and nothing can be done to fight it!

This is BS.

The problem centers around the clear lens tail lights and bumper-mounted reflectors of the Pontiac G8 GT model. Because the red area in the lenses is reduced in the G8 GT, there are reflectors mounted in the bumper to reflect additional light and bring the reflective requirements into spec. Th officer and by extension the judge considered them illegal.

Now, we can understand Mr. Xxxxx’x momentary lack of respect for the legal system above — this is B.S., but he’s got legitimate cause to be pissed. He bought a car he assumed to fall within the operations laws of all states and which was in reality approved for nationwide sale by the government. According to the Judge, the opinion of an Officer of the Law supersedes what the Federal government approved for sale and the design somehow doesn’t jive with what the State of Maryland considers legal.

One of the other forum members has offered up legal service to fight the fine, but it makes us wonder if all the G8 GT drivers in Maryland now have something to worry about. Should motorists who’ve bought a car approved by the Federal government be worried about being arbitrarily fined by a Judge who seems to side with the opinion of an officer over the law.

And something tells me we are going to see more and more of this under this administration and the “new” judicial mentality… sigh…

I’m outta here for about three weeks of fun and games , so blogging and commenting will be light.

Y’all have fun, and I’ll try to get the occasional post up.

Lenscrafters are a bunch of sleazebags…

Don’t EVER waste your money at Lenscrafters, especially at Pentagon City in Virginia…

They can’t seem to get glasses measured properly, I’m firmly convinced they overcharge you out the ass for glasses and lenses.

I had a new prescription done in late May, wanted lenses for the glasses I currently had, but no they “recommended” new glasses that ‘fit’ better. Okay, fine…

The woman ‘measured’ my old glasses, wrote a bunch of numbers on an order blank, and then started adding options; by the time she was done, the total was over $400. I didn’t like it, but needed them and was getting ready for a trip, so…

I fork over the money, only to find it would be 5-7 business days… (Now if I had a brain, I would have gotten a refund and immediately went elsewhere, but nooooo!)

So I finally get the glasses, have fit problems, they “bother” me with the ways I have to cock my head to see stuff, I go back and they ‘adjust’ them… Doesn’t get any better.

I go back to the Optometrist, and just for S&G, get her to check the prescription. She looks at it, says it’s “close”, and puts the glasses on me and has me do the eye chart. She then started measuring, they were too high on the progression, not centered correctly for my pupils and something else.

So I trot my unhappy ass back to Lenscrafters , with old glasses in hand, and the store manager says, “oh we can do a quick set of lenses (for your OLD glasses) and we’ll work out a credit for your new glasses. “

(Screwup #2, I didn’t get the credit up front)

$241 later and one hour later, I’m back. These are actually pretty good and I can sit and look normally and see…

Sooooo… I ask about getting some credit back for the ‘new’ glasses I now no longer need since I’m within the 90 days of the warranty.

Only to be told, “Oh I can’t give you any credit, the only thing I ‘could’ have done was lenses for THOSE glasses; but you can donate them!” And she said that with a SMILE!!!

I just got up and walked out before I said something I “REALLY” shouldn’t have…

So, for what it’s worth, DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH LENSCRAFTERS!!! They will screw you and smile at you as they do it!!!

A Safety Warning- Globe CFL bulbs…

Got this via email, backs up some discussions we’ve been having…
A Safety Warning

Below is a picture of a CFL light bulb from my bathroom. I turned it on the other day and then smelled smoke after a few minutes. Four inch flames were spewing out of the side of the ballast like a blow torch! I immediately turned off the lights. But I’m sure it would have caused a fire if I was not right there. Imagine if the kids had left the lights on as usual when they were not in the room.


I took the bulb to the Fire Department today to report the incident. The Fireman wasn’t at all surprised and said that it was not an uncommon occurrence. Apparently, sometimes when the bulb burns out there is a chance that the ballast can start a fire. He told me that the Fire Marshall had issued reports about the dangers of these bulbs.

Upon doing some Internet research, it seems that bulbs made by “Globe” in China seem to have the lion’s share of problems. Lots of fires have been blamed on misuse of CFL bulbs, like using them in recessed lighting, pot lights, dimmers or in track lighting. Mine was not in any of those. It was a normal light socket.

I bought these at Wal-Mart. I will be removing all the Globe bulbs from my house. I have not decided yet if we are going back to incandescent bulbs at this point.

Ironically, Project Porchlight is giving away Globe bulbs, that THEY claim are safe… Read HERE

Having said that, HERE, HERE, and HERE are some counter points to that… I did find they don’t last as long as they are supposed to…

I’m gonna go buy a case if incandescents and hope I die before I run out of lightbulbs…

Can you believe THIS???

From the WAPO yesterday…


The Swiss rejection of the U.S. request, which cannot be appealed, was a surprise. The government grants the vast majority of extradition petitions, and even Mr. Polanski’s lawyer said the decision was “not expected.” Switzerland Justice Minister Eveline Widmer-Schlumpf blamed U.S. authorities for failing to provide confidential testimony about sentencing procedures used at the time of the case. This technicality essentially proved a convenient excuse for a Swiss government caught up in a wave of protest from European intellectual and political figures sympathetic to Mr. Polanski.

French Culture Minister Frédéric Mitterand said that Mr. Polanski was being “thrown to the lions for an old story that doesn’t really make any sense.” He’s made terrific movies, in other words; he’s one of us; why can’t the Americans get past this obsession with holding child rapists accountable?

You have GOT to be s**ting me… What ‘little’ respect I had for the French just went out the window…

This turd is obviously just like Polanski, and based on what Wiki has on line HERE, he’s probably guilty himself… Either that, or he wants a part in the next Polanski movie…

How’s that Socialism working out for you???

Why would we want to change to a socialistic system that has resulted in total failure everywhere it has been implemented???

Current European tax rates:
United Kingdom (Value Added Tax due to increase to 20% in January 2011)
Taxation in the United Kingdom may involve payments to a minimum of two different levels of government: The
central government (Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) and local government. Central government revenues come primarily from income tax, National Insurance contributions, value added tax, corporation tax and fuel duty. Local government revenues come primarily from grants from central government funds, business rates in England and Wales, Council Tax and increasingly from fees and charges such as those from on-street parking.
Income Tax: 50% VAT: 17.5% TOTAL: 67.5%

Germany Taxes in Germany—being a Federal Republic—are levied by the Federation (Bund), the States (Länder) as well as the Municipalities (Gemeinden). Many direct and indirect taxes exist, whereof income tax and VAT are the most relevant.
Income Tax: 45% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 64%

France
Income Tax: 40% VAT: 19.6% TOTAL: 59.6%
Greece
Income Tax: 40% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 65%
Spain
Income Tax: 45% VAT: 16% TOTAL: 61%
Portugal
Income Tax: 42% VAT: 20% TOTAL: 62%
Sweden
Income Tax: 55% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 80%
Norway
Income Tax: 54.3% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 79.3%
Netherlands
Income Tax: 52% VAT: 19% TOTAL: 71%
Denmark
Income Tax: 58% VAT: 25% TOTAL: 83%
Finland
Income Tax: 53% VAT: 22% TOTAL: 75%

If you’ve started to wonder what the real costs of “socialism” are going to be, once the full program in these United States hits your wallet, take a look at the table. As you digest these mind-boggling figures, keep in mind that in spite of these astronomical tax rates, these countries are still not financing their social welfare programs exclusively from tax revenues! They are deeply mired in public debt of gargantuan proportions.

Greece has reached the point where its debt is so huge it is in imminent danger of defaulting. That is the reason the European economic community has intervened to bail them out. If you’re following the financial news, you know Spain and Portugal are right behind Greece .
The United States is now heading right down the same path.


The “VAT” tax in the table is the national sales tax that Europeans pay. Stay tuned because that is exactly what you can expect to see the administration proposing after the fall elections. The initial percentage in the United States isn’t going to be anywhere near the outrageous numbers you now see in Europe .

Guess what, the current outrageous numbers in Europe didn’t start out as outrageous either. They started out as miniscule—right around the 1% or 2% where they will start out in the United States . Magically however, they ran up over the years to where they are now. Expect the same thing here.

It’s time to rethink the ‘American Dream’ idea: It is the notion that with hard work and perseverance, anybody can get ahead economically here. Do you think that can ever happen with tax rates between 60% and 80%?


Think again. With the government taking that percentage of your money, your life will be exactly like life in Europe . You will never be able to buy a home. You will never buy a car. You will never send your children to college. Let’s not shuffle the battle cry of the socialists under the rug either. It’s always the same cry. “Equalize” income. “Spread the wealth” to the “poor” (whoever they are). “Level” the economic playing field. Accomplish that and everything will be rosy.

It’s time to take a really hard look at reality. Greece is a perfect example. Despite the “socialism” system that has ruled this country for decades, with a 65% tax rate, they are drowning in public debt, would have defaulted without hundreds of billions in bailout money, and still. . .20% of their population lives in “poverty.” What has all that “socialism” money bought, besides ultimate power for the politicians running the show? Do you think these people are “free”? They’re not. They are slaves to their economic “system.”

People, we are at a tipping point in America . We all know it. Turn this around right now or your grandchildren will be massing in the streets of this once-great country, just as the people of Greece now are. Economic slavery is slavery, just the same. Carefully and deeply consider what it takes to throw off the yoke of slavery, once it takes hold and settles over your neck.

Remember in November and lets take out Country back…

War Stories…

Got these from a guy who flew Scooters and Phantoms back in the day, and a ‘former’ Marine Phantom driver confirmed the Chu Lai ones…


Needless to say, Navy and Marine aviation have come a LONG way since then… But then again, these folks were there to get the job done, and there weren’t a lot of rules (unlike the Air Force).

And they are rude, crude and socially unacceptable, with some pretty raw humor; but that’s the reality of climbing in an airplane everyday knowing you had a good chance of NOT coming back…

Chu Lai “War” Stories

If you will remember, neither the A-4 seat nor the Martin Baker seat if the F-4 were zero/zero seats in those days. If the guy thought that he was in the middle of a fireball as he careened down the runway, perhaps getting some speed and altitude was called for before abandoning ship. Furthermore, it’s better to be dead than to look bad. Cooking in the charred hulk of a Phantom would certainly qualify as looking bad.

This story does remind me of two stories that happened at Chu Lai in the summer of 1966. Then there was only the expeditionary field of 4,000 feet of shifting metal. All takeoffs were with JATO bottles (lots of things went wrong with these – especially at night) and all landings were arrested.

One day we taxied in to VMA-223 from a mission and noticed an Air Force C-123 parked at the main ramp. It had made an emergency landing at Chu Lai. That night at the club, the only passenger from the C-123 was there. He was an F-100 pilot in his flight suit on crutches and with two broken legs.

Of course, we wanted to know how he broke his legs. He told us that he was an F-100F (two seater) Misty Fast FAC. They took turns flying front and back seat. He said that it was his day to go up North in the back seat.

They found the target for the F-105s and marked it with 5″ WP rockets. Then, after the 105s were done, they were supposed to fly low and fast and take an after-action picture of the target. He was the guy with the hand-held camera. Of course, the NVA knew the routine and began shooting the shit out of them. The front seat guy did a lot of jinking and somehow, the lens came off the camera and disappeared.

They safely got “feet wet” and in-flight refueled for their return trip home down south to Tui Hua (or wherever). Our guy said that he kept looking for the lens but the front seater said to forget it. They would find it after landing. Upon landing and taxi back, the front seater called “Canopy Clear” and raised the canopy.

The lens had landed near one of the actuators for the ejection seat. He said that he heard this tremendous explosion and realized what had happened when he got seat separation about 250 feet up at the top of the arc and saw a miniature F-100 below him missing a canopy. He said that it was like a “Wily Coyote” cartoon. There was a point where you stop going up, a pause, and then a rapid going down thing. The F-100 didn’t have a zero/zero seat either (needed 100 kts and 100 feet). So, he said that he had always heard that in a long fall, one dies of a heart attack before one hits the ground. So he said he kept shouting: “Come on heart attack.”

The drogue chute had deployed and that kept his feet straight down. It was real steep near the taxiway, they had been doing a lot of excavating and it had rained. He hit feet first. The undeployed chute saved his back and kept it straight. He skidded down the embankment into a large pool of water. He had two simple fractures.

Needless to say, he couldn’t buy another drink that night.

The second story is the single funniest thing that I have ever seen. It was around September 1966 and they had just completed the installation of the land catapult (Oh good- no more JATO). We had operated out of there for about 3 weeks with the land cat and it worked great. Anyway, there was to be a change of command for Marine Air Group 12. Col. Les Brown was about to hand over MAG-12 to the great, one and only Jay Hubbard. The change of command ceremony was to coincide with the official inauguration of the first combat tactical SATS (Short Airfield Tactical System) field in the history of the Marine Corps.

A real dog and pony show. The guests of honor were the Secretary of the Navy, FMFPAC Lt. General Krulak, 1st Marine Air Wing Commander, MGEN Robinshaw (a great guy by the way – he always flew with 223 and was the world’s best wingman because he could hardly see). All pilots not flying were to put on their dungarees for formation in the sand for the change of command. The program then called for all troops to fall out and observe four A-4s to be launched from the land cat. That was the planned program.

Someone (no one would admit who) suggested the day before that two F-4 Phantoms be brought in the night before to be launched after the A-4s. Wouldn’t that be a great idea. Well, of course, with a 4 thousand foot strip and 50′ wide taxiways, no F-4s had ever been to Chu Lai. But, in the late afternoon the day before the ceremony, two F-4s landed and took the arresting gear. They folded their wings and proceeded to very carefully taxi into the biggest two revetments. And, of course, the familiar F-4 engine wailing sound followed them everywhere. That night there was much harassment of the F-4 crews in the club about flying an aircraft that needed a committee to perform (2 seats instead of 1). Furthermore, we took to calling the RIO ‘s (backseat guys) “hare-lipped dogs” because their only job was to shout “MARK MARK” when the pilot reached bomb release altitude.

Anyway, the next day those of us not on the flight schedule put on our dungarees and fell in for the ceremony. VMA- 123 was led by the world’s greatest Squadron Commander and my personal hero to this day, Lt. Col. Bob Sinclair (I was the world’s saltiest 2nd Lt. at the time with 125 combat missions and Col. Bob’s assigned wingman). The ceremony went off without a hitch and Jay Hubbard was now our new Group skipper.

The dignitaries lined up on the high ground (read sand dune here) with the SECNAV on the right then FMFPAC “The Brute” General Krulak, then General Robinshaw, then the old Group CO , Les Brown and finally Jay Hubbard. Sure enough, they launched four bomb laden A-4s off the land cat. This was ho hum stuff for us because we had been doing it for three weeks already. Next the first F-4 taxied up with folded wings. The distinctive two F-4 engines were doing alot of wailing. Up went the F-4s nosewheel on the dolly. The wings were extended and locked. The nosewheel was attached to the dolly with the frangible metal breakaways. The hold-back for the tail was installed. All was ready for the run-up. The two J-57 engines powering the land cat were run-up. The two F-4 engines were run-up to 100%. Man, there was something in this show for everyone. Tremendous noise from 4 jet engines, dust and smoke. Nothing could go wrong now. The CAT Officer received the salute from the F-4 pilot and he dropped his hand. BOOM the CAT fired. BOOM BOOM both F-4 engines went into afterburner. Now about 60,000 pounds of F-4 and bombs are hurtling down the 1,500 foot CAT.

At this point I must interject a minor technical point. About the frangible metal devices holding the F-4’s nosewheel to the dolly: Well, you see, they break away at the end of the 1,500′ CAT ride. This, of course is not a problem for an A-4 because it has a long nosewheel and sits up at a pronounced angle. Unfortunately, the F-4 sits parallel to the ground. In order to not make this too technical, both nosewheel frangible devices did what they were supposed to and broke off. One went into the left intake and one went into the right intake. This was problematic for the Phantom. BOOM, the left engine exploded. BOOM, the right engine exploded.

The show got much better. Flaming metal parts and discs slicing through the side of the F-4. Then total involvment of flames of the aircraft from the intakes back. BOOM went the ejection seat of the backseater. BOOM went the ejection seat of the frontseater. And KABOOM went the F-4 into the sand southeast of the runway. Then the Three Stooges part: The SECNAV looks to his left at FMFPAC who looks to his left to 1st MAW CO, who looks at the old MAG-12 CO, Colonel Brown, and finally they are all looking at Jay Hubbard. We laughed so hard that some of us fell down.

Both F-4 crewmembers lived but it would have been almost as funny if they hadn’t. By the way, the second F-4 refolded his wings and slowly taxied back to the revetments. They down loaded the bombs and defueled him and he flew back to Danang the next day with a very short takeoff roll. Now, I don’t know if this helps you, but it’s what I remember. And, to quote Anthony Swofford author of “Jarhead” about the first Gulf War when asked whether his book was fact or fiction, he responded: “I don’t know. It’s what I remember.”

Semper Fi, PigDog

One wild ride at Chu Lai- from Dennis

I was there, in Chu Lai on August 2, 1969. I watched the Phantom circus day in and day out. I knew most of the bozo drivers. I don’t remember this episode of Phantom Follies. When the job needed to get done, they sent the A-4. When they needed an air show and stories to tell in the bar, they had the F-4. Needless to say, not much love lost between the F-4 and the A-4 communities.

This true “story” is from a pilot who was in VMFA 314 at Chu Lai in ’69…Just another day at the office!

I was one of a half-dozen replacements who checked-in with MAG-13 on August 2. We were not all assigned to VMFA-314 though. There were two other combat squadrons in the Air Group: VMFA-115, the Able Eagles, and VMFA-323, the Death Rattlers. All three squadrons flew the McDonnell Douglas F4B Phantom II and shared common living areas. Although we may have been in different squadrons, eventually we all got to know each other very well. The first thing we six rookies did was attend an Air Group briefing in an underground bunker protected by a thick layer of sandbags. This bunker served as our group intelligence center. Suddenly, an urgent radio call interrupted our briefing. We listened as one of VMFA-115s aircraft radioed-in to report a problem. The aircraft had been hit by enemy ground fire and could not lower its landing gear. The pilot was going to attempt a belly landing on the runway. At that news, we all raced outside near the runway to grab a good spot from which to watch the crash landing.

Crash crews raced to cover the runway with a layer of fire retardant foam while the damaged F4 circled overhead, burning down its load of fuel. Two arresting cables were strung across the middle of the runway. The cables were anchored on each end by a chain made with heavy, 40-pound links. The plan was for the F4 to lower his tail hook, to belly-land in the foam, to catch one of the arresting wires, and to come to a screeching halt. It did not quite happen that way. After burning off most of his fuel, the pilot gingerly lowered the airplane onto the foamed runway. A spark set off the fumes in the jet’s empty wing tanks and they erupted into flames. All one could see racing down the runway were two wingtips protruding from an orange and black ball of fire heading toward the arresting cables. The F4 hit the first arresting cable. We watched the cable snap and hurl its 40-pound chain links skyward. Then the plane hit the second arresting cable. It also parted and flung its chain links. The aircraft was now just a ball of fire heading toward the end of the runway. Then we heard, Boom! Boom! The pilot had lit his afterburners. He was attempting to take-off without wheels!

As the aircraft roared toward the end of the runway, it slowly struggled skyward. It got airborne and began to climb nearly vertically. Then, both the pilot and his backseater, the radar intercept officer (RIO), ejected.

Remember, in those days the MB seats were not zero/zero capable…

We stared in wonder as the aircraft crashed into the nearby ocean. The two crewmen slowly floated down in their parachutes. The wind carried them over the ocean and they too soon splashed down. A rescue helicopter was on the scene immediately. Both of the F4 crewmen, treading water, raised their right hand. This was a signal to the chopper that they were unharmed. The helicopter slowly lowered itself and plucked the pilot out of the water and into the safety of the helicopter. The helicopter then turned its attention to the RIO. As the helicopter slowly lowered itself over the RIO, the helicopter pilot suddenly lost control of his chopper, and he crashed into the water atop the RIO. As soon as the chopper hit the water, its pilot regained control, got airborne again, and yanked the RIO from the water. Although the RIO was rescued safely, his leg was broken when the helicopter crashed atop him. That night at the Officers Club, the RIO sat with his leg elevated and encased in a full-leg cast. As he imbibed a few, he related his story:

First, we got the daylights shot out of us. But, hey, that okay. We weren’t hurt. Then, we survived a belly landing. But, that was okay too. We weren’t hurt. Then the pilot decided he’d take off without wheels, but that worked out well too. Then we survived an ejection and a water landing, but that was also okay. We weren’t hurt. Then the damn rescue helicopter crashed on me and broke my leg!

One of THOSE days…

Did I say I hate moving??? Going from a 2200 sqft townhouse to an 1100 sqft apartment is ‘interesting’ to put it mildly.


sigh…

FINALLY got the last box unpacked, stuff is semi put away, guns are locked up, and STILL waiting for the alarm company to show up… Why can’t people actually be on time?

I mean, a FOUR hour window and they STILL can’t bother to show up or call? WTF???

Neighbors seem nice, and no stereo blasting at 120dB on the bedroom walls in the middle of the night is nice!

Got the truck back, $6500 in damages/repairs/new tires and wheels; but the insurance was on the spot so nothing out of pocket for me! 🙂

The one nice thing is my commute is now 10-15 minutes instead of 30-90 minutes. Yea me!

I’m getting ready for another overseas trip, this one is a few weeks long so packing and staying within the bag weight limits will be fun.

It’s interesting to talk to folks from other countries and get what they “really” think about the US and Obama. Most of the Europeans I’ve talked to are less than impressed and don’t understand why all the kowtowing especially to the Muslim world. The are also wondering if/when the US economy is going to come back, as most realize they are dependent on the US to maintain the balance in the world.

The Euro is continuing to drop against the dollar, which is nice for us, but interestingly I’ve seen very few places that will take “green” or dollars in payment for goods/services. This is a radical change from the mid-2000s, when the dollar was a favored currency pretty much anywhere in the world.

Probably the nicest thing about this trip is that I won’t have to listen to the constant blather about the upcoming elections, and will actually be able to get SkyNews and BBC reporting, which have turned out to be MUCH better than the MSM here.

Y’all have a good weekend, go to the range, and practice, practice, practice 🙂

Pretender-In-Chief – Galganov…

A very interesting Editorial from last month that just came across the email transom…

I’ve extracted a few parts to give you the general tone.

Pretender-In-Chief – Howard Galganov

As much as I and everyone else is trying to get a handle on what makes Barack Hussein Obama tick, and what is his OWN agenda, opposed to everyone else’s who surround him, everyone seems to be all over the board.

Many people, especially on the more extreme RIGHT think that he’s some sort of a plant who has been put in place by a shadowy group that is representative of a vast LEFT WING conspiracy.

Some closer to the MIDDLE see Obama as a Socialist who has planned-out how he wants to move the USA to a more European style Socialist Society.

And then there are the LEFTISTS who just love what Obama’s doing, as long as he’s sticking it to “big” business, taxing the crap out of so-called “rich” people, taking over banks, insurance companies, the auto-industry – etcetera.

The LEFT also loves it when Obama humbles the USA in the sphere of world politics, which he doesn’t seem to be doing anymore. Maybe someone told him that scumming out the country he leads, is no less repugnant than publicly ‘dissing his wife and family…

I think he is so far over his head, that he doesn’t have a clue as to what he is doing, or what has to be done.

I don’t believe for a second that he is NOT from the far LEFT, but I also don’t believe that he has any concept of what real Socialism is all about, since he and his family absolutely love the joys of being rich, while hanging-out with the rich folk. While the last thing he wants is to be rubbing shoulders with the “little” people who chant his name.

Obama has the attention span of a spoiled child with far too many toys and doting parents, flipping from the MOST important toy of the moment, to the next MOST important toy of the moment, to the next one after that, and so on.

Obama has no obvious concept of what integrity means and the absolute value of his word, since he throws whomever is no longer useful to him under the bus, and lies like a cheap rug over everything he’s said and promised…

OBAMA SEES HIMSELF – And that’s it. He doesn’t see the people around him. Nor does he see the domestic and international chessboard upon which the entire World plays for position and advantage.

I believe that in his mind, if it is what he thinks, than that MUST be right, and everyone else SHOULD think the same way. And if they don’t, then there is something wrong with them.

The American people didn’t vote for a BRILLIANT strategic thinker, or a man of remarkable principle – JUST THE OPPOSITE.

I never heard one pundit, not even his most ardent media supporter ever speak or write about anything brilliant he has accomplished. As a matter of record, I don’t remember even one of them speaking or writing about a single Obama accomplishment of any sort. How sad is it that the American people voted for someone with no accomplishments and no personal history to be proud of, that anyone can point to? …

You can read the whole Editorial HERE. What makes me wonder, is how long before editorials like this are verbotten by the new leadership at the FCC and DISCLOSE???

Just sayin…